Create a Video Resume
Make an Impression and Get Noticed by Employers
Your video resume provides employers with insight into a candidate’s communication skills, qualifications, and motivation. Human Resource Professionals and hiring managers receive hundreds, even thousands of applications for the same position. Your video resume serves as your introduction, and makes an impression to employers.
Showcase your Abilities
A resume video offers you the chance to demonstrate you abilities, and skills. Don’t forget to showcase your motivation, enthusiasm and previous accomplishments to employers.
Guidelines for Creating a Video Resume
- Introduce yourself by saying Hello and stating your first and last name and state the type of position you are looking for.
- State your career objective and professional fields you would like to work in.
- Identify your strengths, skills and qualifications. If time permits, provide examples.
- State your level of education, include special training, certifications and current classes you are enrolled in.
- Briefly state your most recent job, responsibilities and work experience. Candidates that are entering the work force should emphasize academic performance in school and mention personal accomplishments.
- Create a closing statement for your video. For example: Summarize why you are a good candidate for the position. End your video resume by saying “Thank you for viewing this video. I look forward to meeting with you in the future”.
Note: Practice the above questions until you feel confident in your responses and can answer the questions comfortably.
Video Resume Tips, Source: About.com, Tips on creating a video resume including how to upload and promote a video resume.
Automated Phone Interview, Source: SayHired.com, Provides a telephone number to call that allows you to participate in a recorded mock phone interview. Includes a playback response feature.